Saturday 10 September 2011

If my kids can do it, why can't I?

Ok, so, last year Miranda started a blog about her adventures in her first year of college in Ontario. It was fun to see how her year was progressing and how much fun she was having with her friends and classes.

This year Jessica is in New York for her dance apprenticeship working with a very progressive and exciting young choreographer and she started a video blog for all those that take interest in her career.

I am sitting at home feeling lonely because girls have moved away, my wife is a partner in a business that is keeping her busy pretty much all the time, and I'm not seeing much of my son or our exchange student because they are going to school during the day, and I am going to school in the evenings.

I find myself waiting with great anticipation for the girls next blog to come out just so I get a different view of what is going on in their lives, so I thought maybe some of you that I have always felt great support from (especially in the last couple of difficult years) might want to know how my new life is progressing.

So here it is.

On September the 6th, I started an 8 month foundations course to become a certified HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) and Refrigeration Technician. It is a 5 year apprenticeship with this course giving me the basics to start work in the industry in May. I am really excited about it because it is an opportunity to learn a varied and constantly evolving trade that is challenging and should help me provide for my heavily artistic family (there's good money in the performing arts).

I will try to put up some regular updates as I learn interesting new things in my classes, and if you are curious, you can check it out to see what is going on.

That's it for now, I will post a new entry sometime next week. Maybe after my first couple of quizzes so I can let you know how I'm doing.

Talk to you soon,
Rob

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Rob!

    Corrie aka uglybobswife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Matrix! And good luck with the course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Electrician and Hvac were the two trades recommended to me. Good luck Rob, and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete